The Colonial Warehouse at 212 Third Ave. N. in Minneapolis won in the Historical Building category at last week’s BOMA of Greater Minneapolis gala and awards ceremony.
The Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Minneapolis on Feb. 21 recognized seven metro-area professionals and five buildings at the sixth annual Best of BOMA Gala.Awards were given out at the organization’s annual gala at The Depot Minneapolis. The awards recognize people and companies for creating energy-efficient, comfortable and functional properties, according to a BOMA news release.
- Jami Klausen, a general manager with Minneapolis-based Ryan Cos. US Inc. as the Senior Property Management Professional of the Year.
- Tara Steinkraus, a property manager with Indianapolis-based Duke Realty, as the Property Management Professional of the Year.
- Jim Beumer, a lead engineer with Bloomington-based Cushman & Wakefield, as the Senior Engineering Professional of the Year.
- Josh Edwards, an engineer with Houston-based Hines, as the Engineering Professional of the Year.
- Paige Morton, a senior assistant property manager with Cushman & Wakefield, as the Emerging Leader of the Year.
- David Ketcham, vice president of service development with St. Paul-based Mardsen Services, as the Service Partner of the Year.
- Alexx Smith, a property manager at Chicago-based Zeller Realty Group, as the winner of the President’s Award.
- Five properties won “Outstanding Building of the Year” awards, based on size, recent renovations, location and “green” policies, procedures and results.
- The Colonial Warehouse won the Historical Building category. The 203,000-square-foot building at 212 Third Ave. N. in Minneapolis is owned by GRE Colonial Warehouse Owners and is managed by the St. Louis Park-based Excelsior Group.
- The Waterford Innovation Center won the Industrial Office Building category. The 134,380-square-foot building at 9805 Ninth Ave. N. in Plymouth is owned and managed by Indianapolis-based by Duke Realty.
- The T3 building won the 100-000 to 249,999-square-foot category. The 222,000-square-foot building at 323 Washington Ave. N. in Minneapolis is owned by Chicago-based LaSalle Investment Management and is managed by Houston-based Hines.
- Crescent Ridge Corporate Center I won the 250,000 to 499,999-square-foot category. The 272,723-square-foot building at 11100 Wayzata Blvd. in Minnetonka, is owned by Salt Lake City-based Property Reserve Inc. and is managed by Cushman & Wakefield
- The AT&T Tower won the 500,000 to 1 million-square-foot category. The 610,154-square-foot tower at 901 Marquette Ave. in Minneapolis is owned by Maryland-based ASB Capital Management and is managed by Ryan Companies US Inc.
- The Fifth Street Towers won the Over 1 million-square-foot category. The 1.19 million-square-foot, two-building complex at 100 and 150 Fifth St. S. in Minneapolis is owned by Fifth Street Towers Properties LLC and is managed by Zeller Realty Group.
March 1 | By Finance & Commerce | Original Article